Nanda\Hobbs is a leading commercial art gallery committed to identifying and fostering the careers of some of Australia's finest artists across a variety of genres and mediums. With over 30 represented artists the gallery runs a dynamic exhibition programme alongside educational collector events, artists talks and tours.
Nanda\Hobbs is passionate about art, supporting artists and building collections of the best contemporary art. Our represented artists are some of the most talented in Australia and abroad.
We're looking for an experienced, energetic and results-driven individual to manage our Sydney gallery.
If you're a multi-tasker looking to work closely with artists and clients, organise exhibitions and all aspects of inventory management in one of Australia's most dynamic commercial art galleries, We'd love to hear from you.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of exhibitions, including the installation of art works, gallery care and appearance, logistics and documentation
- Dealing with clients for art work deliveries, installation and queries
- Liaising with artists and ensuring art works and other required information is received in time for exhibitions and launches
- Dealing with external suppliers
- Recording, delivery and stock management
- Managing of storage facilities, including updating the CRM system and tracking of work
- Organising and attending events
The role of Gallery Manager is a varied role and will suit a highly organized individual who enjoys working on multiple tasks across the organisation. You will need strong organizational skills, the ability to deal with a range of people and a flexible and practical approach.
You will ideally have experience in the art industry (tertiary qualifications desirable), the ability to prioritize and handle a number of tasks at once and have strong interpersonal and administrative skills. Experience of Salesforce or other database management is a strong plus.
Please forward your CV to Raj Nanda, Managing Director: email@example.com
Salary Package: competitive package based on years of experience
Applications close: 17 June 2022